At a time when international trends prevailed with lamps containing tubular metal structures and halogen bulbs, Santa & Cole sought to create a warmer alternative with the Básica lamp. This meant the revival, in the 1980s, of natural materials such as wood, paperboard or ribbons. This aesthetics challenged the dominant fashion at the time as it supported a warmer modernity that valued craftsmanship. It provided Santa & Cole with a springboard for international expansion, setting a new trend in Europe. The Básica lamp continues to make the same statement, 30 years later.
A wooden column held up by a heavy metal base of the same diameter, supports a range of shades in different shapes and colours, eight in total. Although the lamp is well-balanced, an optional, wider base may be placed underneath.
- Birch wood column with nickel or bronze base.
2 lampshade options:
M1 (stitched beige cardboard; natural, red-amber or black ribbon and terracotta, mustard or green Raw Color ribbon and white linen)
M2 (beige parchment)
Stabilizing base with nickel or bronze base (optional).
- Dimmer included.
- Not included light source.
- Recommended light source (dimmable): LED bulb 10W.
- Other light sources: Max. 100 W
- Input voltage: 100, 120, 230 Vac. (50 Hz / 60 Hz). According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E27 (Max. hgt. 115 mm / 4.5")