Inspired by the traditional lanterns that light up homes along the coast, rural estates and open terraces, Cestita is the little sister of one of the most iconic lamps created by Miguel Milá. It can house an opal glass shade or a white plastic one, making it more child resistant. The size of this lamp object makes it easy to pick up and carry, equally ideal for both tabletops and floors. It is produced manually by European craftsmen, using traditional steam bending techniques for the wood, which is delicately polished and sturdily put together. Despite its peculiarity (or rather because of it) the lamps design and function remain contemporary.
Miguel Milá is one of the most renowned Spanish industrial designers. He began his career in the fifties, and is one of the countrys pioneers of the discipline. To the present day, his works have remained true contemporary classics.
The Cesta family is made up of the Cesta, Cestita, Cestita Batería, Cesta Metálica, and Cestita Metálica table lamps, the Wally wall lamp, and the Globo Cesta and Globo Cestita pendant lamps, symbols of Mediterranean warmth and well-being. These masterpieces by Miguel Milá are part of our Design Classics collection, a series of objects created throughout the Modernist era.
- Available in two versions: cherry wood structure and white opal glass lampshade or sumatran pine wood structure and white opal polyehtylene lampshade.
- Not included light source.
- Recommended light sources (not included): LED bulb 6W.
- Other light sources: Max. 40 W
- Input voltage: 100, 120, 230 Vac. (50 Hz / 60 Hz). According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E27 (Max. hgt. 105 mm / 4.1") Maximum bulb diameter: 60 mm / 2.36"