At the age of forty-four, Antoni de Moragas Gallissà designed the Moragas lamp for his own office. Rationalist architect and first president of the Association of Industrial Design FAD, he was an instigator of the architectural renewal in post-war Spain. Moragas had this lamp on his desk and would often use it to place notes and business cards hed receive, inserting them between the ribbon folds.
A sturdy wood cylinder supports a head with three bulbs arranged radially and outwards, surrounded by a generous circular shade. The shade is made from cotton ribbon (typically used for bookbinding) and has a silk thread running along the edge, forming an asymmetry that creates a splendid contrast of light and shadow.
NUEVO ESTILO AWARD
- IP 20
- Sapeli wood leg.
Natural cotton ribbon lampshade with silk border.
- Dimmer included.
- Not included light source.
- Recommended light source (dimmable):3 x LED bulb 6W.
- Other light sources: Max. 30 W
- Input voltage: 100, 120, 230 Vac. (50 Hz / 60 Hz). According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E26 (Max. hgt. 115 mm / 4.5")