In the early 1990s, artist, designer and Santa & Cole co-founder Gabriel Ordeig Cole was commissioned to design the lighting for a large restaurant, Fonda Europa, in Granollers (Barcelona). The aim was to achieve a pleasant, consistent colouration to accompany dinner conversations with beautiful lighting. As a result, the Sistema Fonda was created. Through the use of segments of one or three shades, and three types of connectors between them, an entire lighting system is arranged, based on linear tube structures on which varying types of shades may be placed.
The Sistema Fonda pendant is a series of small and medium-size lamps that produce lavish lighting. The lampshades are dressed in ribbons, cardboard or white linen, and are supported by natural beech wood pieces. A contemporary design solution serving a classical purpose: suspended structures that radiate light from a repeated series of small lamps. A brilliant synthesis exercise that gives great freedom of expression to the interior designer.
ADI FAD (Selection)
- Satin nickel tubular structure with natural beech wood supports for 1 or 3 lampshades.
3 lampshade options:
P1 (stitched beige parchment; natural, red-amber or black ribbon and terracotta, mustard or green Raw Color ribbon)
P2 (stitched beige parchment, natural ribbon, or white linen)
M1 (stitched beige parchment; natural, red-amber or black ribbon and terracotta, mustard or green Raw Color ribbon and white linen)
S&C satin nickel metallic canopy. Suitable for side entry adaptor.
Maximum 1200 W per line (6A). One connection per line.
Under special request, possibility of adapting the product for areas exposed to saline conditions.
- Junction Box adaptor included Ø 11,7 cm / 4.6" (UL market).
- Weight structure for 3 lampshades (without lampshade): 2.7 kg / 5.9 lb
Weight structure for 18 lampshades (without lampshade): 13 kg / 29 lb
- Recommended light source (not included): LED bulb: 12W.
- Other light sources: Max. 100 W
- Input voltage: 100, 120, 230 Vac. (50 Hz / 60 Hz). According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E26 (Max. hgt. 115 mm / 4.5")