Torres Clavé was a founding member of GATCPAC, a Group of Catalan Architects and Technicians for the Progress of Contemporary Architecture, in line with European avant-garde currents, particularly rationalism. The revolutionary architect, along with his companions Josep Lluís Sert and Joan Baptista Subirana, designed the GATCPAC lamp as a gift in the buildings they erected; a sort of collective signature.
Santa & Cole is reediting the lamp according to Torres Clavés plans, thought to be the first and the original lamp of the many variations the group produced. The GATCPAC floor lamp is elevated on a tall, polished aluminium base, with an adjustable dome shade that can be directed upwards for indirect light or tilted to cast a more direct beam. Like a spotlight, that adapts to the users needs. Perfectly contemporary, almost 90 years after its creation.
- IP 20
- Polished aluminium structure with adjustable lampshade.
- Dimmer included.
- Not included light source.
- Recommended light source (dimmable): LED bulb 13,5W.
- Other light sources: Max. 150 W
- Input voltage: 0 Vac. According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E26 (Max. hgt. 160 mm / 6.3")