The poplar tree, characteristic to river banks and wetlands, produces a white wood that is soft and almost knot-free. The wood needs to be felled before autumn in order to preserve its whiteness and flexibility. Pioneering designer Ferrán Freixa chose to create the Nagoya Lamp from this abundant material. Thin vertical strips are attached to a small, circular metal rod structure to create an oriental-style lamp with a Zen feel. The lamp was the first winner of the Golden Delta ADI-FAD award for the best industrial design produced in Spain back in 1961.
- IP 20
- Lampshade made of thin wooden strips.
- Weight : 1,1 kg / 2.4 lb
- Not included light source.
- Recommended light source: LED bulb 10W.
- Other light sources: Max. 60 W
- Input voltage: 100, 120, 230 Vac. (50 Hz / 60 Hz). According to destination.
- Bulb socket: E27 (Max. hgt. 115 mm / 4.5")